The French Institute for Advanced Studies (FIAS) fellowship program
offers 10-month research fellowships at six institutions in
Aix-Marseille, the Loire Valley (Orléans-Tours), Lyon, Montpellier,
Nantes and Paris.
The program accepting applications from top international scientists and
scholars who wish to develop their innovative research project in
France. Applications are open to all Social Sciences and Humanities
(SSH) majors and all research fields.
Candidates with projects addressing societal challenges or offer
innovative insights into the functioning of humans and societies will be
Projects are evaluated on the basis of scientific excellence,
interdisciplinary, scientific innovation and social relevance are the
dimensions on which projects are evaluated.
Research Fellowships (Fully Funded) are available at IAS Paris in 2023-2024 to pursue research level programs at the French Institute for Advanced Studies.
Study in this Scholarships program the following subjects are available.
- All Subjects
All IASs have agreed on common standards, including the provision of a living allowance (€2,700 per month), social security cover, accommodation, research and training funds plus travel expenses.
- FIAS awards fellowships to outstanding researchers at all levels of career, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists. The minimum requirement is + 2 years of research experience at the time of PhD application. Exception for scholars with a Master’s degree + 6 years of full-time research experience (doctoral training in computing experience will not be considered).
- Researchers from all countries are eligible for the FIAS fellowship program, but must have spent no more than 12 months in France during the three years preceding the application deadline.
- Applicants to the Paris Institute must submit a letter of cooperation with members of a university or research institution located in France, signed by a member of the Institute. IAS (University Paris 3 Sorbonne Nouvelle; Université Paris City; Université Paris-Nanterre; Sorbonne University; Université Paris-Saclay; Université Gustave Eiffel; lecoutesécodes lecodes; Université Gustave Eiffelers; National Sciences des Languages Affiliations de Social-code l’homme)
- Planned collaboration may include the organization of conferences and a series of lectures or the preparation of a joint research project (a special interest for IAS Paris is presentations with French researchers from an international funding agency, such as the ERC.) or consortium programs Europe Horizon Europe).
- Contact with local colleagues must be done by the applicant himself, IAS Paris does not provide the list of contacts to the applicants.
The last date is 06/09/2022
How to Apply?
Applications are submitted online through www.fias-fp.eu where you will find detailed information on application materials, eligibility criteria and selection procedures.